Friday, February 29, 2008

Where I live

The first picture is of baby Andreina, the daughter of my host sister, lounging in a hammock in the living room. Hiding behind the hammock is my youngest host sister, Johanna. Notice the telenovella on the TV. I don't even understand Spanish and I've been sucked into the story.

The second is my living room and the door that goes outside. You can see the back of the washing machine right outside the door. There is a sink next to it where I brush my teeth, wash my face and hand-rinse my clothes between the wash cycle and spin cycle on the machine. The building in the background is the dance hall I wrote about earlier. You can also see the burn pile and lots of other piles.



2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, that baby in the hammock is hilarious!

Danielle said...

Hahaha! I just love the picture of the baby in the hammock! LOL! Who needs all that expensive baby stuff when a hammock in the living room will suffice! :)