Sunday, August 10, 2008

Easy going

I've been to the beach. Again. I know; life's tough. I met up with some friends on the 6 a.m. bus out of my town yesterday, and we hopped buses until we made it to the ocean. We watched surfers and talked all day. We were all asleep by 9 p.m., and I got up early this morning to catch a bus back to my town.

Next Friday is Mother's Day here, a holiday right up there with Christmas in this country. We don't have school that day, and I plan to stay in my town all weekend to celebrate the mothers I know there. I'll probably be bored by Saturday, though, and will likely come out for some Internet time.

Everything is still going fine here, but I'm looking more and more forward to coming home at the end of the year. My bouts of homesickness are getting more frequent. Still, I'm happy as can be. Wish I had more to tell, but I don't.

Until I do, feliz Dia De La Madre.

No comments: