Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Costa Rica 2011

Nearly three years ago, I quit my job as a newspaper reporter to move to Costa Rica to be a volunteer English teacher. I lived with a Costan Rica family for a year and a half in a little town called Potrero Grande.

Last week I went back to visit. It was great to be back there, feeling and experiencing all of the same things I felt and experienced three years ago. When I first moved there everything was new and different. I had to learn a new language, a new way of life. This time, however, all of those things that seemed so different before seemed familiar and nostalgic.

I loved seeing my host family. It has grown by three grandchildren since I left. I walked all of my old favorite routes through the rocky roads around town. The views were the same -- stunning and peaceful.













No comments: