Sunday, June 15, 2008

Adrian

This is Adrian. He's another of the special-education kids and one of my buddies. I love this photo because even when he's just standing there posing for the camera, he looks full of intensity. His mom died and two years ago, and he lives with just his dad, who makes money cutting grass with a machete and working other odd jobs. As far as I can tell he's in the special-ed class only because of behavior problems. He's a ball of rage most of the time. He yells and runs and fights and huffs and puffs endlessly. He can put on this really mean face that looks all full of hate, but if I stare at him long enough without reacting to the face, he usually changes it to a smile. In this photo, he looks a little out of character, so stoic and serious. I like it.

No comments: