Sunday, June 15, 2008


This picture isn't all that great, but it shows the clothes-washing setup. The hole on the left of the machine is where the dirty cloths get swished around in cold, soapy water. The hole on the right is the wringer, where the soapy water gets sucked out and the clothes are left closer to dry than wet. The next step is to hand-rinse the clothes in the sink before spinning them again, but I never do that. I just squirt the water hose on the clothes and turn the wringer on again. Then, to save space on the line and to avoid the inconveniences of bird poop and afternoon rain showers, I hang my clothes to dry on a line strung across my bedroom. My clothes, I'm sure, are always filthy, but by skipping that rinsing step, they always smell soapy fresh.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh man, I am going to kiss my washer and dryer (which takes twice as long as it should).