Friday, July 11, 2008

Felices Vacaciones

Turner Family (part of it anyway) Vacation 2008

We've seen an active volcano, zip-lined through the jungle, toured a working coffee farm, been taxied all over San Jose and bussed from one side of Costa Rica to the other. We've "roughed it" one night at my host family's house and walked to the tip of the whale's tail at Uvita Beach. Dad even rented a car and fought the rugged terrain and wild Tico drivers for two days.

Besides what are probably a few broken ribs (I'm not even kidding; ask Mom), we all seemed to have survived the trip.

Today I take them to the airport and pick up two friends for another week of traveling and NOT TEACHING. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that sounds fun. I shoulda signed up for one of those vacations. :)

Holly said...

Looks absolutely beautiful!

Linsley said...

You just thought "bring it on." In hindsight, I'm not sure those were the best words to use!

It was great to see you. I wish we were in Dominical with a Pilsen right now!
L.